Japan Showa Okonomiyaki Flour 500g Okonomiyaki Ko お好み焼き Japanese Pancake Okonomi Mix
exp: April 2023
[Net Weight]: 500g (10 servings)
[Made in Japan]
Okonomiyaki pancakes made easy~! With Showa's Yakijirushi okonomiyaki flour, you can make great-tasting okonomiyaki savory pancakes that everybody will adore. This secret to this flour is its seasoning, which features dashi stock made from bonito and mackerel. This gives the resulting okonomiyaki an authentically rich umami flavor. This flour is also formulated to ensure that your okonomiyaki will be fluffy and springy like they should be.
[How To Use]
1. Add 100g okonomiyaki flour to 100ml water in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add 300g chopped cabbage (about half a head), 1 egg, and 100g of your favorite okonomiyaki fillings (squid, prawn, pork, tempura pearls, beni shoga ginger, etc.)
3. On a hot plate or saucepan over medium heat (200C), add a little vegetable oil before spooning out half the okonomiyaki batter into a circular shape. Allow cooking for approx. 4 minutes.
4. Carefully turn the pancake over and cover with a lid. Allow cooking for a further 5 minutes.
5. Remove lid and flip over once more. Allow cooking for another 1 minute.
6. Transfer to plates and serve with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, bonito fish flakes, and/or beni shoga ginger.
7. Repeat from Step 2 with the rest of the okonomiyaki batter.